Monday, June 30, 2008

One Wonderful Weekend...


June 21-22 was one wonderful weekend here at the house. Despite the circumstances of the visit, we got to spend some time with our families from the West Coast. The time was spent swimming in the pond, playing on the giant raft, climbing all over the playset, eating like kings and queens and enjoying the long overdue visit. Many of our kids hadn't met cousin Brian and cousin Sarah and her little boy Mason. And Mason hadn't met any of us. We absolutely adore him and would have never guessed it was his first trip to Ohio. Even though the visits are too few and far between, everyone played so well together... I guess that's all part of being family!

Though the house seemed full, this was still only a small protion of Grandpa & Granny "P's" branch of the Purmort Family Tree. We missed those who weren't here this weekend. But we know soon enough, we'll all gather again... celebrating the wonderful years of Granny P. Until then... the shutter of my camera lens opens and closes and I am happy with what I see... instead of our kids playing this weekend, I am embelished with the memories of my childhood.... the carefree and joyous days when I and my cousins, brother and sister swim at the pool, run around the farm yard, enjoy the family hog roast, take a hay ride to an unknown place and hear yet another spooky and haunted story by the Uncle's... it just seems like yesterday... and I can close my eyes... smile... and allow a few tears to slowing escape from the corners of my eyes...

Until next post.... remember, all you need is a lil' bit-o luv!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

there is a warm, endearing quality to your posts... a true reflection of the the author, i think. thank you for weaving a lil-bit-o-luv into this massive world-wide-web.

your loving cousin,
brian

p.s. happy birthday!