Friday, June 27, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday... literally!


My husband and I have a landscaping business. I handle all the administrative items like billing, receivables, payroll and taxes. My husband is the hardcore laborer and designer... He "ROCKS" at it... literally! Our specialty is rock. We get all varieties and sizes shipped weekly from all over the country. We are unique and promise to provide a rewarding and low maintenance landscape for your enjoyment. Here a just a few pictures of how My Husband Rocks...




The above is our pond in the evening (and fall... haven't downloaded a recent summer shot, yet!). Notice how Troy placed a "sitting" rock on the beach (there is another one closer to the water on the other end of the beach) With the umbrellas we add in the summer, these make for great seats while watching the kids play. And seats you don't have to store in the winter! There are also large slabs of rock used as "steps" down to the paddle boat... and then he uses riverrock along the other three sides of the pond...


This is our friends house we have been working on... Lucy is our Supervisor! Troy likes to take areas off the side of your house and create a mound as an accent area. Here it placed large pieces of outcropping rock as the border.



A favorite from last summer. Troy took an ordinary hill to the side of a pond and created this waterfall. There are so many varieties of rock, outcropping and boulders here... it really does ROCK (pun intended)!



Here is our back yard... riverrock is used in place of mulch (a must in the country or any "windy" city!) as ground cover in our landscaped areas... he also used a border of boulders around the tree and large outcropping pieces as a step/landing for each hammock.

So, here is this Friday's issue of My Husband Rocks Friday. I took it "literally"... Have a great weekend ~ Le
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

katylinvw said...

how great! he does fabulous work! do you have a business card, and how far do you travel?

Sarah Taylor said...

I love that you took things literally this week! Your husband is a talented man! My hubby and I also own a contracting and landscaping business so I'll throw in there that you rock too! Thanks for sharing!
Sarah

Christina said...

Oh wow! All of that is beautiful! Your husband truly does ROCK!!!

Tangee said...

Leah,
I would LOVE to be your weight loss buddy. Drop me a line at tangee@twinklingstardesigns.com. I couldn't find an email for you. I'm also a shutterbug addict, just don't have the time right now to dedicate to it. Hope you are having a FAB day.

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Never would have thought that working with rock could be so versitile and creative. Those photos look great.