Friday, June 20, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday

Thanks to Katy Linn at The Great Adventure , she has created "My Husband Rocks" Fridays. We are to post anything, be it quirky, loving, romantic, silly, etc. about why our husbands rock. She got the idea when she found a company From*me Tees! who's mission is "to enhance marriage relationships, communicate a positive image of marriage and encourage/support the sanctity of the marriage covenant between a man and a woman in a fun and stylish way. (for more, read Mission Refleciton) Please, check out these links I provided to learn more about these wonderful people. But for now... here is my "tid-bit" on why my husband rocks:

When I received my first bouquet of flowers, a romantic jester to tell me he was "looking forward to our dinner"... why wouldn't I fall head over heals?! And to be honest, it wasn't the fact he remembered my favorite flower was the yellow rose, it was the fact he went out and bought an actual card from the card store. He then headed down to the flower shop and picked out the twelve yellow roses and made sure the standard "business" card afixed the plastic "fork" in the pot was not part of the bouquet. They delivered the beautiful bouquet of yellow roses along with the card he wrote in and signed himself. Now... why is this so important... well, to me, it shows he is very much one to be "involved" in all facets of life. He takes the extra steps and goes the extra mile... perfection and detail is important to him (wow... he married me... I should feel honored!)... and it's remained this way through the first five years of our marriage. I don't tell him enough about these "little" things that mean the most!

This is just one way in which "My Husband Rocks".... please take some time to join the group and tell us all how your husband rocks. I love reading everyone's stories!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

katylinvw said...

you are such a sweetheart! and it sounds like your hubby is too! thanks for joining in!

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

that is very sweet and so thoughtful.

Liz Harrell said...

What a good hubby! Sounds like you're both very lucky!