Monday, August 25, 2008

Little Miss Alice



All this football talk going on in the house, I had to take Olivia to the side and have some "girl" time. What better way to be "girly" than with some of Great Granny P's cherished treasures! We put on an old formal from when Granny was "Past Matron" of the Eastern Stars. We added pearls and a purse. Then, we topped it off with a hat and purple bifocals. Oh... and purple shoes, but unfortunately, the dress is pretty long. With all the material I had to work with, I might say, I tacked it up pretty well! We had so much fun! And I loved how Granny's scent is still so fragrant...
Olivia went to the "gosuree" store to buy gum, starbursts and tootsie rolls. She walked and walked and walked... clanking the purples heals all the way down the driveway and back. She'd get to the garage and hand me our pretend groceries, then say she forgot something and back at it she went...
After our "girly" time, we went into the house to take a break. She curled up in the chair with Troy and took a two hour nap... still dressed to the nines in Great Granny's treasures!
What a beautiful way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

No comments: