Saturday, May 24, 2008

Treasured moments...

It's 7:43am and I'm awakened to an ever so piercing phone ringing... it's Troy wanting to talk to Owen before his ball practive... Holy Moly... BALL PRACTICE! Scurrying around I find Owen, not in bed, but in the kitchen, "Hi Mommy, I'm making breakfast!"... The smell of toast and a fresh pot of coffee are in the air. COFFEE.... my son knows how to make coffee?! "How wonderful, I can't wait to drink a cup, Owen," but I'm still pondering how he knew to make it... how much water and how much coffee? I can't even get it right half the time. Needless to say, I explained to Owen how I had forgotten to set the alarm (or was it set for 6:30am and in my head I said we didn't need to get up this early and crawled back in bed!) and I needed him to get dressed really quick. Pawpaw, my father-in-law, was taking him to practice. And, by this time, Pawpaw had joined us in the kitchen... mind you, I just got out of bed and hadn't made one stop in the bathroom yet! Owen, like the good little son he is, ran off, got dressed and off they went.

Welcome to the weekend... aaaahhhh... it's quiet now. Only the sound of the keyboard and the birds chirping outside the window. I'm posting, Owen is at practice, Troy is off to work, Olivia is snug as a bug and this is truly the best cup of coffee I've had in months....

Until next time, remember ~ all you need is a lil Bit-o Luv

No comments: