Friday, May 30, 2008

Scratch & Sniff



Well this evening I ventured out in the backyard and noticed Spring has finally arrived! Maybe it's been here a few weeks, but tonight, I took notice. First of the vibrant colors (thanks to my loving husband who always remembers my love of yellow and purple)... second the amazingly fresh and powerful scent of my three Purple Lilacs (if only this could be a scratch and sniff sticker for my readers!) These are truly my favorite Spring blossoms... I could lie in the hammock and snooze all night with their invigorating scent lingering around me... but, it is still a little chilly for the hammock AND the mere fact we didn't have enough time this past weekend to get them out would leave me no choice but to resort to the not so soft Arkansas outcropping rock (a little landscaping lingo coming out there...) So, I think I'll retire to my bed and dream of lying in the hammock with the Lilac's floral scent dancing all around me.
Sweet dreams ~

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Mmmmmm.... I can almost smell those lilacs! Lovely.

katylinvw said...

these are beautiful - lilacs are my favorite flowers!