Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I love the early mornings...

This week I've seen the sunrise... and I'm loving it. Owen (my 6 year old) is attending a basketball camp at the YMCA. Our normal morning routine is usually rushing around all morning and getting out our door at the last possible minute and I'm usually getting the mail for work at 8:35am. But, not this week... it's been a pleasantly early past few mornings. Up by 6:00am, so I can get myself ready before tackling the two morning gremlins who absolutely LOVE sleeping in in the mornings (thanks to their love of staying up late.... grrrrr). Owen staggers into the bathroom asking to take a shower to wake him up and I spend the entire time I'm getting ready taking "pit stops" in Olivia's (my 2 year old) room trying to get her to budge... luckily, with her, we have still been out the door by 7:05am... Olivia is quite the grump in the mornings. I need a video camera to record her glares and grunts because although I completely understand her frustration due to my own self hating when my sister would come in the room saying, "Leeeeeleeeeee" in a high pitched and vary annoying (and might I say rude ) voice to wake me up in the mornings, I think it's absolutely hilarious how her "need" to stay up late is my fault in the mornings.... let's remember... she is only two... this will go on and on and on... I might as well laugh and get used to it, right?!

Anyway... I've been sitting here at my desk now... enjoying the blogging world and my awesomely fresh coffee from my awesomely new coffee machine... I forgot how great the early mornings are!

Happy Tuesday ~

No comments: