Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Time to stop...

I sit in front of my computer wondering how on earth I'm going to get everything done by Christmas morning. Exhaustion has set in. Happy and Jolly are more like Numb and Blah. "White Christmas" is playing over and over in hopes to stop the rain and ice. It's dull and grey outside and the white powder would make it feel so much more like Christmas.

I try to shake the dulldrums but thoughts of 2008 race in my mind, the date on the calendar is 24 Dec... I think of Granny P... she would be 88 today! Tears trickle and I silently sing happy b-day... and then the thought of cherry cordials appears... she loved thoughs... I smile and chuckle!

I open an email from a dear friend... always one to shed light and help me realize the good... Happy and Jolly reappear and I am thankful... for family, friends, coworkers, my job, the roof over my head, the food in my pantry and the clothes on my body...

It's time to stop the hustle and bustle, take a deep breathe and remember what Christmas is all about... Thank you Greg!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all~ Le

From Greg:

Good Morning,
It is that time of year again....to reflect back and look at everything we have accomplished this year, and look forward to 2009. As I reflect back, I think about what I did or could have done to be a positive influence on someone.....Alot of times, I look to my family....and think, could I have been a better Dad, a better wife, taken more time with the kids....family is so important to me....and I am sure to all of you as well....the times you spend with family is priceless....it doesn't cost anything (it shouldn't).......how often do we take "time" to talk with siblings, parents, grandparents....take a day to go for a walk with them...and truly ask them about their lives, and what they are doing and if there is anything we can do for them....and just "listen"....most of us probably talk alot, but just listen.....
The last couple years, I have mentioned that my son has gone on a mission trip from our church....he did it again this year without me......which was sad, and tough on me....it was somewhat preparing me for his leaving for college next September I guess....anyway, he went to Gutemala....and distributed medicine to families, took blood pressure, and actually got to do some stitching on a patient who had a surgery....he worked on the medical team...as he wants to go to medical school...what a great experience....but the best part was....it gave him another chance to see how other people live, and what they don't have....and truly how much he has....even better, was that when he came home, he told us he doesn't need much for Christmas....and as a family we donated stuff to a charity......
I guess when we all think of the holidays......remember your familes.....love them, spend time with them, encourage them, and give them what they need......life is to short to not take the time....we take so much for granted...me included, and yet we have soooo much....we are blessed as people and a nation....and others have so little......if we all dedicated to giving to one person in need during the holidays, we could make a difference....to put a smile on someone else's face......so many people are homeless, and will not have anything for Christmas.....I truly am Thankful for what I have.....and for all of you, and the relationships we have built....its because of the partnership we have, that we have success.....
Thank you all for being the people you are.....and in 2009, look to be even better....look to make a difference in one persons life......give to someone who has hardly anything, and is truly in need.....be with family.....hug your kids and spouses every night...and tell them how much you love them.....life is to short not to.....work is busy, but family is forever......make sure you tell them that every day......

May God bless you this holiday season with happiness, joy, peace and good health.......

No comments: